This student gave up street food and lost 15 kilos in 10 months. Here's how!



We all love eating junk food but do not realize how unhealthy it is. A family trip made Tanishq aware of his junk food obsession and fearing consequences, he signed himself on a gym membership. To know how he transformed himself, read his weight loss story below:
Name: Tanishq Aswani

Occupation: Student
Age: 19

Height: 6 feet 1 inch

City: Raipur

Highest weight recorded: 81.5

Weight lost: 15.5

Duration it took me to lose weight: 10 months

The turning point: I was always a fan of street food. It was on a family holiday I realized how unhealthy my lifestyle was. A little holiday weight is okay, but a 18-day-long family holiday made me gain around 7 kilos! I did not like the way I looked and immediately decided to join the gym.

My breakfast: Low-fat french toast or oats/porridge in any form. Sometimes, I eat idli too.

My lunch: Any green, seasonal vegetable preparation, along with 2 chapatis.

My dinner: Any form of chicken or egg (Mostly boiled)

Pre-workout meal: Black Coffee

Post- workout meal: Protein Shake

If it's a cheat day, I like to treat myself to waffles, but I limit that to once a month.

My workout: I workout for 5 days a week, concentrating on different target areas.
I do Leg on Monday and Saturday, Biceps and Triceps on Tuesday, Chest and Abs on Wednesday, Back and Shoulder on Thursday and Cardio on friday.

Low-calorie recipes I swear by: Oats Chilla, Spinach Idli.

Fitness secrets I unveiled: I learned that nothing can actually change unless you have the fire inside of you to change. Half of your motivation comes from there. Apart from that, moderating my food quantity has been the most important key to lose weight for me.

How do I stay motivated? It's very easy to gain weight, but difficult to lose it. The fear of piling on the weight again keeps me working on my goals.

How do you ensure you don’t lose focus? I never thought I would enjoy gymming so much. Working out instills me with positivity. I get such a happy vibe, it keeps me energetic and focussed all the day.

What’s the most difficult part of being overweight? Nobody likes being called fat and neither did I. It got to a point I found it difficult to find denims that fit the way I desired.

What shape do you see yourself 10 years down the line? I want to be fitter and gain more muscles than as I am today.

What are the lifestyle changes you made? I gave up on all carb-rich junk food and ice creams. I started counting my calories and ate accordingly.


What was the lowest point for you? I don't remember hitting the low points but there were days I didn't feel confident about how I looked.


Lessons learnt from weight loss: Your body is dependent on what you eat. You should take care of your body and eat healthy food instead of junk food.

No comments:

Post a Comment